Thursday, February 23, 2006

that ghost of Cricket

It’s a strange thing really. I’ve written so many posts before this but the only ones that have really elicited any sort of response are the ones on Cricket. Just shows what a Cricket crazy tribe we Indians are. It’s been 6 years now since I stopped playing competitive Cricket in India and barring my forays into Indoor Cricket in Dubai, my contact with Cricket has been largely vicarious. It’s a thrill though to be able to speculate on a sport of which I have been an exponent for half my life and of which I have many many fond memories.
A lot of the responses I received seemed to indicate that not many current/former professional Cricketers are part of the blogworld (I suppose people were kicked to think that I was not merely an armchair expert). This is understandable; Cricketers aren’t known to be God’s more erudite creatures. I'm not complaining...for me there's this thrill when people who are decidedly more cerebral than I am throw questions at me as if at an expert.
Playing the game at a high level is no automatic qualification of expertise and vice versa. However, be that as it may, I have received some very interesting questions and I will attempt to answer them over this weekend. Watch this space....

1 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Blogger Vedant Patwardhan said...

Hi Imran, as my post suggests, Cricketers in India aren't exactly 'blogging' material. And having played cricket doesn't mean that one is an expert. from your comments, i can tell that your knowledge of cricket (even domestic cricket) would be far greater than many current/former players. but the idea is very good. i can ask a few of my cricketing friends and perhaps some of them might even contribute to a blog on a acceptably regular basis. --vedant

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home