Thursday, September 07, 2006

Gosh! you're 27!!!

I turned 27 yesterday. I came to Dubai when I was 23 and was very easily accommodated into my current circle of friends and was even pampered a bit, being one of the younger members of the group. Yesterday, when some of my friends asked my age, I in turn asked them to guess. Quite surprisingly for me, most guessed that I had turned 25 or 26. Not one guessed correctly. When I actually went on to tell them my age, I could see that many of them looked just a little troubled for a fraction of a second before forcing on a more cheery mask. I could understand the thought behind their troubled expressions though. If the baby of the group is ‘27’, then realization strikes that they themselves are pretty much on the fringe of their first youth, however much they may try to deny it, mostly to themselves. While there isn’t too much difference between 26 and 27, 26 can be called ‘mid-twenties’ while 27 will definitely go under ‘late-twenties’. I guess this subtle comprehension along with a sudden awareness of one’s own ageing body must have caused that momentary angst.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM , Blogger Mugs said...

first of all heartiest congrats on turning 27...there u r the youngest...but in my friend circle of our batch, you are the only one elder to me....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home